Tyre Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Wear

Any ideas on whats causing this tearing? Its on the right hand side only. Tyre is a Dragon Supercorsa SC1 (soft), run at 30psi off the warmers. The suspension has been revalved and resprung by Matt at Allect Racing.

I suspect it may be hot tearing, and I should try another psi or 2.

Thoughts?

At those pressure's, possibly a hot tear...... what is your pressure increase from cold to hot temperatures? Ideally, you'd only want 4-5psi change.

Dragon's are generally designed to run at 32 front, 30 rear. I never saw something like that with my front at 32psi.

Alternatively, it could be a rebound problem as well, but if you increase the tyre to 32psi, and it still feels fine through the corner, shouldn't have to change anything.
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

mmm, i was there with u cam. had 29.5 rear and 32 front (on the warmers). seems strange to have so much wear at those pressures
      The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

If I check the pressure as soon as i get in to the pits, its usually about 1 psi higher than off the warmers. Thats after a slow lap in though, so its probably close to a true hot pressure of 32. I don't know what the increase if from fully cold, I've never tried. I'll have to give 32 off the warmers a go.

Comment

Feel The Track! Tire unusual markings and wear patterns

check here?

Comment

i start with 27 cold and end up having ~29psi off warmers and about 31 psi off track, i assume id be running about 32 while on the track.

Comment

You are going too fast..... slow down.
              EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Only if everyone else does!

Comment

previous discussion on similar

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-4-sat-86484/7

Quote:
                  Have a look a Diablo Racer.com • Index page for info on Pirelli race tyres.

30 hot in the front and 28 hot in the rear is recommended as a good starting point by Pirelli reps, for Dragons and Diablos.
                  Cheers the info - i was running 30.5 front and 31 rear cold. took out 1 psi half way through the day, so looks like it was a bit high...
                  sigpic
                  http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

Originally posted by zxBrendon View Post
                    was just lookin for that page... deff try up ur pressure cam, but not much.

is the rear all good?
                    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Rear is sweet. I wasn't getting this with the Diablos I was running before (at the same pressures), but I was going a bit faster on the Dragons. I've emailed Russell Farrow so we'll see what the expert thinks.

Comment

what is your rebound and compression settings?

and is the valving stock? i see its been revalved

i had too much pressure ~35psi hot and too much compression damping in the rear and destroyed umm a few tyres before figuring out the problem

the tearing i had didnt look like that though

so all i can suggest is maybe rebound damping
                        Last edited by g0zer; 13-08-2009, 04:54 PM.
                        Originally posted by Bendito
                        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

^^ in the first post mate

Comment

Originally posted by Cam 52 View Post
                            ^^ in the first post mate

sorry am blind

yeah anyways when i first revalved with racetech components.. i was destroying tyres and have been destroying them ever since :p
                            Originally posted by Bendito
                            If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Just got back from a ride to discover this on the rear... Super corsa pros... set at 36 psi... Only thing i can think of out of the ordinary is that we went over an old wooden bridge (other than that the tyre is at its end). was hoping to get a track day out of it before replacing but you can just see the steel through the gaps

Attached Files
                              sigpic
                              http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X