X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you race what you race..?

i could be wrong but it Seems to be
    that a majority of the racers on PSB race 600's
    just curious why do you race what you race be it 600cc 1000cc ..?

For me - cheaper to buy, cheaper on tyres and a C+D grade series to compete in (Superstock 600).
    Last edited by Cam 52; 15-08-2009, 12:10 AM.

Comment

The CBR is on the track because it's the bike I had when the racing bug bit hard and the ZX10 on the strip because it's faster than the CBR.
      RR VRT #100
      Sponsors Wanted.
      Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
      A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

is it 1 set of tyres per meet rules..? do the 6's last more than 1 meet ?

Comment

1 set for all your races on the day. I don't think many people would race on an old set, but you can definately get another day or 2 practice out of a set on the 600. All depends on how fast you are and how the suspension/riding technique is looking after your tyres though.

Comment

Cheers cam I'm just curious fancy getting a track bike just not sure what to get ...

as it is got a 1000 for the road which is probally goin as i can't be on with getting banned for a twist of the wrist in 2nd.... its just to easy these days to get banned and i need my license
            so i'm toying with the idea of getting a track 600 and eventually goin racing.. .

Comment

Mate, 600 & 1000 is not much difference in cost for racing (tyres, fuel, set up etc)but I think the 1000 is easier to race and go quick as the HP & torque make up for lack of ability to some extent. Well it does for me anyway.
              RR VRT #100
              Sponsors Wanted.
              Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
              A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

It comes down to rider preference, really. Do you like straights or do you like corners?

In case Stefan doesn't find this thread in time, he's repeatedly stated that the reason he rides a 600 is that you actually have to ride that thing -- y'know, keep it in the powerband and use the right gears at the right time.

Also, changing speed a lot can wear you out faster so 1000s require a lil bit more fitness on the rider's side of things.

Despite the very large number of tempting litre trackies for sale, I'm looking at getting a 250 2-stroke, 400 or 600 because it just makes sense to me that you should crawl before you walk, and my corners need more work than Michael Jackson's face (too soon?).

Comment

I race a 1000 coz thats what I had at the time...

I will stick with it now as its setup and I have so many spares for it...

Comment

Might know of an cheap R6 for sale...

Comment

^^pm sent

Comment

Is that Phil's
                        sigpic

Comment

i started on 1000's because it was the only bike i had and i had been riding it for 2 years at that time. Then when i upgraded it seemed natural to get another 1000. I have riden 600's on the track and they are fast but the main difference is you don't have to hang on under aceleration. The difference in running costs is minimal.
                          Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

i raced a 600 last year thinking it would be the cheap alternative. This year i dont because it aint.

just picked up some glass for the r1 but would rather be on the 600 again... we'll see what next year brings

Comment

Originally posted by robwas View Post
                              Mate, 600 & 1000 is not much difference in cost for racing (tyres, fuel, set up etc)but I think the 1000 is easier to race and go quick as the HP & torque make up for lack of ability to some extent. Well it does for me anyway.
                              ???
                              ur lap times may (tho i doubt it) be better on the thou, but % wise, u will prob be further from the bikes potential than on a 600. the 600's are easier to go fast on, as fast isnt as fast as the thou 'can' go... did that make sense??

edit: oh, and i chose a 6 for the above reason... i believe it is easier to reach the potential of a 6 over a thou. so basicly, i wanted to be competitive from day one, ive no doubt it could be done on a thou, just much harder, and more likely the bike may intimidate u on the track
                              Last edited by 66; 15-08-2009, 11:58 AM.
                              The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X