Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Keevers round 4 Wanneroo

Hi all,

once again a short report from Wanneroo. As usual we had to set up fairly early and after the Trackdayz session yesterday, getting out of bed was not that easy.

We set up with one eye on the sky, but the weather held pretty well. Lots of wind, but no rain. Cam went out for the first practice session and found the track fairly slippery from the rain the day before.

The first race was a bit of a nightmare after a crash on the second lap. We got called out to the grid twice before we got to go racing, but Cam kept his cool and won the first race.

After problems with the steering damper, we had to change it and it made the bike handle a bit better, but it was still headshaking out of every turn. This ment that Cam was fighting the bike all through the race. He still managed to win race 2, be it with a smaller margin than the last rounds.

After a few minor adjustments and checks, Cam went out for race 3 with the theoretical chance of winning the championship with a win and Ralf Mamelotti finishing no higher than 3rd. Cam did his part, but Ralf didn`t stick to our plan and finished 2nd in the last race ^_^.

This means, Ralf has still the mathematical chance to win the championship, if Cam doesn`t score in the last round and Ralf wins all 3 remaining races. That is, if I counted correctly...

All in all it was a good day for us and Team AARK Racing would like to thank all marshalls and officials for making the meet happen! We would also like to thank all our supporters and sponsors, who all put in a great effort to make our racing endevour happen.

We will see you at round 5!

Team AARK Racing
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Good stuff!

Sorry I wasn't there to get any pic's today.
    (Still drying out from yesterday. )
    sigpic

Comment

Stephan can you clear this up for me as I don't know regs etc ...

Superbikes did 2 laps before red flagged with I think Cam Gore going in from memory and they had a full restart.

Supersport did 2 laps before red flag and they were going to do a full restart but did a 2 part race due to a complaint from a rider ...

Can you explain why 1 race was 1 way and the other race different????

cheers

Comment

Was great getting the best view of Cam scorching down the main straight each lap, being the flaggie at turn 1 has its benefits.
        Sometimes I wondered if he was ever gonna get round the turn, but he just seems unstoppable.
        The commentators noted that he had steering problems and that he isn't dominating like he usually does ... winning every race is dominating in my book. GO Cam
        07 MV F41000R
        09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
        07 CBR 600RR trackbike
        sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Viper View Post
          Stephan can you clear this up for me as I don't know regs etc ...

Superbikes did 2 laps before red flagged with I think Cam Gore going in from memory and they had a full restart.

Supersport did 2 laps before red flag and they were going to do a full restart but did a 2 part race due to a complaint from a rider ...

Can you explain why 1 race was 1 way and the other race different????

cheers
          The Superbikes didn`t start the third lap, where the Supersports did. That is why there was the complaint by one of the riders. On a full restart you have to start from your original grid spot, in a two part race you start from the position you were holding the lap before the race was stopped. The rider in question rightly protested it and got instated in his correct position.

It was a strange situation. It is a fine line and it was a comparible situation when Cam broke the laprecord and it was not allowed because of the red flag. The only problem I had with the situation was the repeated confusion and riders being send back to the pits. It`s not good for the tyres to go through the heatcycles.

But all in all it was handled well by the officials.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozboy View Post
            Was great getting the best view of Cam scorching down the main straight each lap, being the flaggie at turn 1 has its benefits.
            Sometimes I wondered if he was ever gonna get round the turn, but he just seems unstoppable.
            The commentators noted that he had steering problems and that he isn't dominating like he usually does ... winning every race is dominating in my book. GO Cam
            Yeah, I was wondering about the commentating myself, but then again, it is a very demanding job and I applaude the guys on the mike. They were correct with their comment in regards to the steering problems. We had a faulty steering damper and tried to dial out the headshaking by changing it out and make some changes to the set up.

Also looking at the past performances, he wasn`t as far ahead as he used to be. But he`ll be back to his best at the next round...

Comment

Originally posted by Ozboy View Post
              agreed, sitting on that wall after my crash, watchin him chargin in to turn 1 was awesome. didnt really watch close enough to learn as i was still abusing myself for opting to tackle the sand, but awesome spectating none the less.
              The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Not 100% sure about the Superbikes not starting the 3rd lap.. my lap timer said we were on the 4th lap when I returned to the pits. It would have triggered returning to the pits, but still it means the crash occurred on the 3rd lap.

/digression

Comment

Interesting...I honestly didn`t take that much notice of the lapcount......but I stand corrected. Not sure why that wasn`t started as accumulated then. I can only think of the Steward not being as experienced yet. But that is just a guess. I wouldn`t know why that decision was made then...

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel View Post
                    Not 100% sure about the Superbikes not starting the 3rd lap.. my lap timer said we were on the 4th lap when I returned to the pits. It would have triggered returning to the pits, but still it means the crash occurred on the 3rd lap.

/digression
                    cam went down turn 7 yeh? was the call for the red flag made on the lap he went down, but riders went around the track a full time under red. aka he crashes into 7, u go past the scene and pit entry, reds are waved, u complete a lap, and then trigger again returning to pits? jujst speculating...
                    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Nah he went down at skyline. I saw the red flag as I crossed the start/finish line starting what I think would be the 3rd lap at least. So he crashed halfway round on his third lap. Or fourth even.. Going on gut feeling I'd say we were starting the fourth lap but it would have at least been the third.

Comment

Whats the plan for round 5 Stephan?

Going for 15/15, or win the championship, then ride out the day/year on the superbike? Cant wait to see Cam on the big bike? What did you get for Kings meet? Honda?

I must admit I liked watching Nashy when he rode both 600 and 1000 all day.
                        Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Working...
                        X