Cameras as a track training aid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameras as a track training aid...

Just watching Cam52s video of round 4 and I reckon the video is a better training aid than a lap timer.

You can see your lines and mistakes and actually know where you are going wrong.

So has anyone looked at it this way? Have you learnt anything?

No problems great video and i agree but when your on the track you need to no how fast your going split timing would be even better .thank Cam great video well done on the weekend .
    Nigel great ride was wandering when you would get their ,but cold and slippery track wow man pretty cool
    MCRCWA #133 Sponsored by http://www.protwin.com.au/
    1098s Ducati

Comment

After watching the video a few times I've decided to really focus on my lines, particularly connsistency. So yeah, it is a very useful aid.

I definately need lap timer as a training aid as wellthough, if i don't get that feedback i tend to be lazy and just cruise around.

Comment

i reckon the best thing would be to have a chasing bike but that's not really practical except at a trackday.
        EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Josh spot on at leased for me thanks mate
          MCRCWA #133 Sponsored by http://www.protwin.com.au/
          1098s Ducati

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
            i reckon the best thing would be to have a chasing bike but that's not really practical except at a trackday.
            Josh,

I think you on the money with that suggestion. Cam was on my bike yesterday so when he gets his machine back on track I'm going to try to stick with him to get some footage. Only problem is I've been out of action for a couple of months so I'll probably have trouble keeping up ... being 30 years older doesn't help either ... oh to be 23 and bullet proof again.

Did you manage to get the right size cork?

Scott
            I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
            2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

Working...
            X