Importing a new bike as race bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a new bike as race bike?

Is it possibe to import a new bike if its going to be a race bike?

New blades can be had for 6.5k USD!!!
    Now a Pom in Perth :aus-salute: with a DB7

Yes it is. It gets around a whole heap of issues involving rego, but it can never be licensed.
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Aren't those 08s?
      Originally posted by Melkor
      The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Ask ApatheticEnd, he brought his Canadian bike over. Even a racebike is supposed to have ADR compliance plates, at least for Superbike/Supersport/Superstock classes.

Comment

Really? Thats a bit ghey.
          If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

^^WTS^^
            + Do your sums carefully. It sounds cheap but by the time you add freight/handling and any import charges/customs charges then get all the bits to go racing you might not be that much better off.
            Josh (Apatheticend) may have some info as well as Jules_1972 as he has just gone through the process.
            RR VRT #100
            Sponsors Wanted.
            Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
            A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

I can help if you want but if you are already in Oz and it's not made of unobtanium (like jules' 999R) than I wouldn't bother. It's piss easy if you are bringing your own bike with you when you move but there are a lot more hoops to jump through to get a bike here (and no chance at all if you want to road rego it unless it's a bike you can't get here or isn't collectable).

And 6.5K for a racebike is quite high for the US unless it's superbike built. Even if you can get a permit (unlikely) than you'll be in for about $2K to ship, 10% GST, and about another $1k in local fees to get it off the dock, inspected, and to your door.

Check out DOTARS website and call the guys in the office over east. They are good to deal with and won't give you some gov't runaround bullshit. If you can get a permit, I can help you with the pitfalls and phone numbers type stuff.

As for compliance, by the letter of MA law (fucking BS, don't get me started) a big has to be complianced to race in anyhting other than clubman. Before I brought my bike I emailed the club and they said they would allow it to pass, but really, if someone wanted to be a cunt they could lodge a protest (looks around for HostileMonk).

Buy a prepped racebike here. It'll save you some headaches.
              EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
                As for compliance, by the letter of MA law (fucking BS, don't get me started) a big has to be complianced to race in anyhting other than clubman. Before I brought my bike I emailed the club and they said they would allow it to pass, but really, if someone wanted to be a cunt they could lodge a protest (looks around for HostileMonk).
                You implying I'm a cunt there AE - hmm - round five is a coming - form 603 -
                Last edited by Hostilemonk; 18-09-2009, 09:06 PM.
                Supported and kept fit by sigpic

Comment

Go ahead. I'm pretty sure there is a rule somewhere that using a stepstool to get on your bike isn't superstock legal you ol' bastard.

Just kidding old balls. You are an inspiration....... or is that irratation?
                  EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

^^ Man I love the comradery around here, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
                    07 MV F41000R
                    09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                    07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                    sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

HM is all fuzzy inside to, you can tell coz its coming out his ears!

Comment

It's not a step stool its a tyre chock to help me change wheels - so there you young pup.

An don't insult my parents callin me a bastard - oh - wait!

Friggin younguns - wait till me turbo and YEC kit is fitted.

Mind you, I shouldn't be so down on you guys - after all YOU were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of millions - guess its been all downhill from there though, hey?

PS: and the spelling is Irritation and Camaraderie- bloody foreigners and photographers - bah and humbug!

Can you feel the looouuuvve

Comment

Don't let them get to you HM they are all just jealous of us more senior & superior racers. We'll see how fast they are when they are sporting the latest in Joe rocket colostomy bags and Shoei Bi-Focal visors.
                          I'm with you on the Canadian thing, you can be damn sure he never answered any of the Citizenship questions!!

Oh and sorry for hijacking this thread
                          RR VRT #100
                          Sponsors Wanted.
                          Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                          A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Originally posted by robwas View Post
                            Don't let them get to you HM they are all just jealous of us more senior & superior racers. We'll see how fast they are when they are sporting the latest in Joe rocket colostomy bags and Shoei Bi-Focal visors.I'm with you on the Canadian thing, you can be damn sure he never answered any of the Citizenship questions!!

Oh and sorry for hijacking this thread

Comment

Working...
                            X