Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racing grades??

just a quick one (or 4).

does anyone know the grading cut off times? or are they not set in stone? does it depend on more than ur lap times? are they likely to hold ou/rush a decision if ur new/old to the sport??
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

ok, it's published on the MCRCWA website. The are set in mud. It is laptime dependant. And don't worry you can't be graded out of a series mid season. You will probably get hoofed out of Clubman sooner or later but you won't be B-graded if that is what you are worried about. Technically, there are a lot of guys running at the front of clubman who could be forced out based on going faster than 62.5 but that isn't enforced nor do i think it should be. The pace is really good this year and it's good to see.

Andy and Seb did mid 60s before they were looked at and they were't regraded (Bgrade) unitl the end of the season. You should be C graded already though.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Quite a number of factors are taken into account, times are averaged over the meeting from each of the races, racecraft, crashes. The times are just there as a guide for people to go onto a 'watchlist' so to speak. As we can't possibly follow everyones progress on track.

Comment

cool, so ill be well safe for racing sst next year. thought so but just thought it was worth asking the psb think tank.
        The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Well with that coming from Ben, I guess things are a little more relaxed nowadays.

I recall anything under 60 secs was B grade and within 1.5 secs of the lap record was A grade, all the rest are too slow ... I can feel the hate already

Seriously though, much respect to all out there on the track.
          07 MV F41000R
          09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
          07 CBR 600RR trackbike
          sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Wonder if you can go back grades, thinki would be a D- at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
              That sounds about right.

Heal up right and come back out Sean. If I pass you on your first weekend back, I won't rub it in. I'm sure you'll be back beating my ass again in no time.
              EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
                Cool, I might be able to tag along behind ya Sean'o. That is until the red mist comes over you again. ^_^
                07 MV F41000R
                09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ozboy View Post
                  Cool, I might be able to tag along behind ya Sean'o. That is until the red mist comes over you again. ^_^
                  Behind me? I was going to follow you!

Comment

As Ben said you can't watch everyone - but lap times are the one measure you have that can be used to judge the 'racing' standard of a rider. Could leaving the sub 62.5 average lap time riders in the club classes be inconsistent with the reasons for having club classes? I would suggest for discussion that doing 62.5 as an average flying lap time should be the point of moving out of Clubby classes and into the SStock or other class. (Though maybe a % figure may be a better guide). The following is for discussion and I'm not wedded to any of the points made.

What was the reason for setting the lap time 'promotion' point in the first place? What is the reason for the club classes? Is having people averaging 62.5 or more consistant with the aim of those classes? Are they there to provide a class to race in and/or learn in and encourage riders to continue racing, and/or a class for the 'clubman' racer to have fun, race a few people, without having to take the whole thing too seriously?

We have had a drop in numbers this last year and the primary reason may be the economy (and hopefully numbers will rebound next year). But could it be that a good number also had the problem that they found themselves not competitive in clubby except in the D grade shootout - and that can be demotivating. Do we want the club classes to provide an environment in which some riders can feel they are not outclassed/too slow/have to take higher risks and can just enjoy their day and can just 'go racing' with low pressure and no focus on 'winning'.

the original question - Could leaving the sub 62.5 average lap time riders in the club classes be inconsistent with the reasons for having club classes?

FWIW.

PS: wouldn't follow Ozboy Sean'o he seems to think there is a tunnel at turn 7! but you can follow me anytime ROFLMAOASTC
                    PPS: the new G class is all mine (Geriatric)
                    Supported and kept fit by sigpic

Comment

Well i thought i would follow him coz i've heard if he follows you he can sneak up behind you and suddenly attack you from above!!

Comment

Working...
                      X