16.5" Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16.5" Rims

OK, just about got a '05 Fireblade ready to race and my first start will be Kings.

I quite fancy a second set of wheels and I've noticed used trick 16.5" rims can be had relatively cheaply.

Is it viable to use 16.5" slicks in Clubman 1000 (and hopefully eventually Superbike)?

Are they legal? Are they super expensive? Are they even readily available?

you cannot use 16.5" in Superbike unless they came out on the bike, which they didn't. You can use them in Clubman until you go too fast and they move you up to superbike. So not really a good investment.
    check this site for spares www.aus-superbikes.com.au
    they have a classifieds for racers.
    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Getting the 16.5" slicks is the problem.

No one Stocks slicks to suit what you want to do.

I have 2 sets of Pirellis slicks ordered through Craig at Motorcycle Pitstop.
      3 month wait list......

Comment

Stock size wheels req'd in production superbike.

It's basically the equivilent of superstock 1000 in every other country. It's probably a good thing though as racing is essspensive!
        EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

OK cool, thanks for the info guys.

Shame really because I had tracked down a set of forged magnesium Marchesinis with Brembo disks. For $1200.

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
            Stock size wheels req'd in production superbike.

It's basically the equivilent of superstock 1000 in every other country. It's probably a good thing though as racing is essspensive!
            Does that rule out aftermarket 17" rims too then? (I'm fast learning what you mean about expensive!)

Comment

I do believe it's stock wheels only. Check the MA website and go through the CRGs though. Wheels end up smashed. So, if you have to pay for them I'd say get stockers.

You can get a set, complete with rotors etc, for a non current model like yours for around $800 if you shop around. Check out Aus superbikes classifides.
              EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Now look what you've made me do, I've read the rules and everything.

15.6.0.10 The following may be replaced by other parts
                made by the manufacturer and fitted as OEM
                equipment on another Australian Design
                Rules approved model sold in Australia:
                a) Wheels, providing diameter is the
                same as original fi tment.

So that rules out aftermarket. Just thought it would be one thing to invest a few hundred on as I've dented a couple of OEM wheels over the years and I need as much weight saving as I can get

Comment

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
                  OK cool, thanks for the info guys.

Shame really because I had tracked down a set of forged magnesium Marchesinis with Brembo disks. For $1200.
                  Just get them anyway!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X