Aprilia RS125/250 riders group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS250 not running right

Ok so Ive had the RS250 for two weeks now and last night going for a ride it started to lose power then started splutering and backfiring if taken over 4000 rpm. Its under warantee, but any ideas whats wrong?

It could be running rich causing the spark plug not to work properly anymore.
    I had this problem with my 125 it was firing 8inch flames out the exhaust... it also had the same problems as you are describing.

I would recommend you get yourself a new spark plug this should fix the problem just don't let it idle again keep it reveing high say 6000+ but not constantly just every so often

Comment

Thanx, the spark plugs are new so hopefully a clean will cure it in the short term. Didn't have these probs with my first rs250, and I treated it like a 4 stroke.

Bike shop told me to not let it idle for long either.

The carbies probably need some attention if running rich but I have no idea how to adjust/clean them etc.

If ur handy in this area, beer or cash is on offer for some help.

Comment

I can't help you with cleaning the carbies but if you post up in the 2-Stroke section im sure someone will help you out

Comment

also check the compresion in the cylinders (guage screws into the spark plug hole) i had similar problem and after compresion test it told me i had a blown head gasket.

Comment

Was a faulty ignition electrical thingy.

Comment

Group Categories

Collapse

Aprilia RS125/250 riders group

About this Group

As above, discusion, support and hopefully group rides for Aprilia two stroke riders
            Type: Moderated
            Topics: 11
            Comments: 47

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X