Daytona Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Sprocket Washer

Learnt something new about the Daytona lately.
    I was at the track and couldn't get a gear around Turn 1. Did the whole tour of shame of having your bike towed in and we found that the front sprocket had lost its bolt. Luckily it did not jam and cause me to catapult in the air trying to look graceful.
    When I took it to my good mechanic to fix he just put the bolt back on and said that it would be fine.
    But... Daytonas and Hondas do have an issue where the front sprocket will come undone. It needs to have a locking washer on the front sprocket.
    Moral of the story: Regularly check your front sprocket is tight enough. Check that it has a locking washer under the bolt and it is not worn.
    I have no mechanical knowledge but thought I would share that new thought for the week.
    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Thanks for sharing Wahoo, looks like there's a split pin as well?

I haven't check this to date, will do tomorrow
    Best I can do to describe the issue is this.
    Normally it goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, shift, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But now it's a bit more like this
    BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-R-R-r-r-r-r-r-, shift

exan

Comment

Group Categories

Collapse

Daytona Group

About this Group

Perth Daytona Riders.
    Type: Invite Only
    Topics: 6
    Comments: 21

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X