GSXR riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine temp

Just got myself a k7 gsxr1000 and she seems to be running quiet warm(90-100dg). What temp does everybody's gixxer run at?

Yeah that's normal man me and my mate both have K8 Gixxers and they run that warm sometimes even more when stationary. And it's normal for the fan to keep kicking in all the time too. I initially thought it a little strange but it seems to be the same with all Gixxer owners I've asked.

Someone else might no more about the actual reason why they run this warm. Although my Blade ran similar temp too..

Comment

Thermostat opens at 78 degrees, fan kicks in at 105 degrees and will drop the temp back to 100, where fan will turn off again. If it ever exceeds 106 without the fan cutting in, or around 108 without dropping again, shut it down quick smart. May have fan blocked/broken or other damage.

sS
      yes, i am ignorant
      yes, i am a prick
      no, i don't care
      you make me sick

Comment

Yeah mine runs at 86 degrees in good conditions. Doesn't take much traffic to send it in to the 90s though!

Comment

Sits around 85/86 and lately hits around 106...getting a radiator flush next week and going to see if they can fllash the fan to start a little earlier than 100...run so hot!
          Originally posted by Rich...
          You got me in trouble...

Comment

that's completely normal dude.
            yes, i am ignorant
            yes, i am a prick
            no, i don't care
            you make me sick

Comment

ya same for me as well runs around 86-90 when running and the fan kicks in around 105 then it drops.

Comment

Group Categories

Collapse

GSXR riders

About this Group

this is a place for those maginficent people that ride gixr's, a place to talk all things gixr"s.
              Type: Public
              Topics: 2
              Comments: 13

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X