PSB bandit riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the PSB bandit riders group

I thought I might make a group on PSB for bandit riders.

So welcome to the group and I hope you enjoy the torque

Hi guy's, I have been on PSB for a while and came across your group so have just joined. I have a black 08 1250s. I will post the minor mods I have made and attempt to put a picture up if I can figure out how to do it.
    dhula, I think I bought your touring screen off you. Buellord I bought your Arrow headers. Great freakin bike, it is a daily user from Bullsbrook to Nedlands, could not be happier.
    Will post more info in the coming days.

Comment

Hi Folk
      Just found the Bandit group the other evening.... I've just brought a Bandit FA so thought I better jump on board.

It's my first bike for a long time...........looked at lots of different bikes............but kept coming back to the Bandit for comfort & value.

Comment

Well the FA's got a whole 210km on it now..........love it........nothing flash but heaps of low & mid range.
        The dealer didn't do too good of a PD though........one of my bar ends came off & bounced into the wilderness never to be seen again at 70km.
        Tyres scubbed in............engine starting to slowly free up..........very happy with bike to date.

Comment

Make sure you get a new bar end from the dealer As for the motor it'll take at least 6000k's before it starts really freeing up. Mine has clocked over 24000k and is going well. Gear changes are silky smooth.

If you want more power go and do the cheap fixes like -1 tooth front sprocket and air box opening. Fuel economy will deteriorate though, you will also need a speedo healer if you want your speedo to read correctly.

Good luck with the new ride. Bang for buck you can't go past the 1250's. Hopefully the seat on FA is softer than my 1250. It is unbearable after a couple of hours riding.

Comment

Thanks for that.......the dealer was very embarrassed and fitted a new bar-end without any question.
            I have just fitted some Givi side brackets & some E41 panniers (rather large)...............but they were purchased for the right price.

What is the accepted way of fitting the indicator wires after relocating the indicators onto the givi bracket.the L/h wire is too short?
            Back off up north now until the weekend to earn some $ to pay for it all.

Comment

The indicator bracket is crap. Go buy yourself some LED indicators and mount them back in the same spot they used to be before you installed the GIVI brackets. I'll take some photos of my flush mounts on the front and the short stalk LED's on the back if you like.

Comment

Hey Reddog how bright r your flush mount LEDs?
                Its just the ones on ebay dont look very bright " like me" I like cars to know wot i'm doing, as most of the time they dont know what the fuck there doing:squid:
                REARDO: SUZUKI BANDIT 1250 SA

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38

Comment

They aren't as bright as the stock bulbs, but honestly not bad. I actually put some spacers behind the flush mounts as you could hardly see them as they were buried in the hole. They are pretty good now. I'll see if I can get my SLR camera to hold the shutter open long enough to get a shot of one of the indicators for you when I get a chance

Comment

i've been toying with mounting flush indicators and using the park lites as indicators (with orange globes) to get a side and front thing happening.
                    I just never get around to it (and i have to stop spending money) but now the fairing is still off, i might look into it a bit harder
                    might be an option

Comment

That would be good if u can do that reddog Thanks.

I was thinking of doing the same dhula but i dont no if the little wedge type globe or LEDs take the flashing.

My youtube channel

Comment

my thinking is it should be OK, haven;t done it so can't be 100% on it.

LED flush mount side indys and orange coloured normal type globes in where the park light are and wired to indys should balance out loads properly i think so flash rate should be normal or maybe a slight bit slower due to miniscule extra load of LED (about 3 watts I recon)

problem i think will be finding orange globes that fit park light retainers of high enough wattage to satisfy brightness rules (18 - 21 watts for indys is best if using normal type globes)
                        another prob could be distance between headlight and indys if put into park light position. there is meant to be a set separation (can't recall distance but ADR tell you)

i have seen flush mounts that come out from the fairing a fair amount and still look OK which allows them to be seen quite well. i'll see fi i can dig up a pic/link

EDIT: here is a link to the flush indys i was talking about. not as flush as some but less than stock.

Comment

Hey dhula. have u seen these LEDs, they say they also work well as turn signals
                          2 x 6 LED SUPER Amber Park Lights R1 R6 GSXR ZX10 CBR - eBay, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 15-Aug-10 20:17:58 AEST)

My youtube channel

Comment

Group Categories

Collapse

PSB bandit riders

About this Group

Come in and enjoy the torque
                          Type: Public
                          Topics: 13
                          Comments: 65

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X