Red Circle Riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18th Ride Update

OMG, what a night and where do I start, here goes.
    Firstly we had 19 people meet at the gossie markets which where split into 2 groups.
    So up the hill we go in 2 different directions and the plan to meet up at the restuarant.
    Guess who arrived first, the slower newbie group. We all go in and sit down and I asked Peter where is Mark and Matt?
    Leigh looks at his phone and oh no Matt has crashed and been taken by ambulance to hospital.
    He thank goodness is ok and now home a bit bruised and battered, the cause of this was something on the road sliced his tyre and then you loose your steering and he crashed into the barrier near the roundabout. Get well soon Matt.
    So after finding out that Matt was going to be ok we had our dinner, which the food was all very nice.
    Then some of us where going to ride down the zigzag road on the side of the hill.
    This we did very slowly and carefully and when we gathered at the bottom we realised some where missing so Peter rode back up
    and found that Ellie had crashed off the side of the cliff, a miracle that she was not hurt.
    A car stopped with some ropes to pull her bike back up the cliff to the road, Ellie I think should buy herself a lotto ticket.
    Also very brave to then get back on and ride down and to home.
    We where also worried about a few other riders but they where all found safe and had ridden home.
    We had a few new riders to our group and despite all the incidents I hope they will return for some more rides.
    Peter had organised a quiz and we had a tie between Jacky and Sue, with Sue winning the tie break, Well done girls.
    I would also like to thank Peter for the care and concern he gives to all our riders, no matter what happens he always stays so calm, thanks mate.
    I will be posting up our next ride within the next few days.
    Hope to see you all then.

That sure was an eventful night! My slow speed drop was quite dramatic being over the side of a steep cliff… just glad the bike didn’t break anything! Thanks again to Peter & Carol for checking up on me! That was a good dinner location & I enjoyed all the roads… except for the zig zag!! Best wishes to Matt – hope he feels better soon. Take care all.

Comment

Glad to hear you are safe Ellie. Not a good thing to happen but all's well that ends well.

Comment

Glad to hear Elli and Matt are both ok. Big hugs to you both.

Comment

This was my second "ride" and I am yet to join in the fun on two wheels. *sigh* Maybe next time.......

Comment

Glad to hear both Elli and Matt are ok. Ride safe

Comment

Group Categories

Collapse

Red Circle Riders

About this Group

The Red Circle means the circle around the speed limit signs. Speed limit only rides.
            For new riders wishing to meet other riders.
            We are quite a active group, with activities such as ten pin bowling,karaoke,and quiz nights a great way to meet new people.
            All our rides include dinner at some great resturants.
            Type: Invite Only
            Topics: 124
            Comments: 671

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X