Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ride RED CIRCLE?

Just thinking about adding some Drive
    Why not ride on Sunday, for a little longer ride than it's possible on Tuesday evenings?
    As for me, Sunday 09:30 am would be perfect.
    For convenience of every member, I believe the starting point should be as usual: Gosnells market, cnr Fremantle rd & Albany hwy.
    The market opens at 10am - we have time enough to ride out before the crowd arrives
    Just to start discussion - destination could be, for example
    <Light version>
    - Mundaring Weir hotel (not bad food, plenty of space to sit)
    <Full version>
    - (any cafeteria at) Toodyay (very common for bikers to ride there on a weekend )

Preliminary, let it be Toodyay.
    If the Majority will decide other target - why not..
    Please VOTE
    i mean - if anybody is interested in, please tell so, and which version you'd prefer.
    All opinions and advices are more than welcome
    I can happily lead the ride, with precious help of some volunteer Tail End Charley,
    or i can be Tail End if somebody can be the 1st
    (i believe Red Circle country Ride can be done without corner markers)

Sounds good Alex! I would be in that and I'm sure there would be a few other red circle riders too.... not sure how many of them actually look at this site though! - you might have to spread the word at the Tuesday ride. I would love to join in (fair weather) country sunday rides with members of this group. Cheers, Elli.

Comment

Yeah, I already know that not all members are reading the forum.
      And yes, should be good to make announce on Tuesday. However, if somebody reading this, and is able to tell about the ride to somebody who is not reading - I'd appreciate that

By the way I can say sometimes i do a ride by my own; and yes, it is always Red Circle ride

So, I will start next Sunday - 05th. I will be glad to see anybody joining the ride, but in worst case will ride along.

09:30 am
      Gosnells market, cnr Fremantle rd & Albany hwy.

Comment

Russell & I will come along tomorrow, so will meet you then - pm me your mobile in case need to contact you at short notice.

Comment

Excellent
          PM sent

Comment

Short report:

Many thanks to Russell and Elli - the ride was great!

And even more.. Actually I didn't remember about that - but this Sunday
            there was Moondyne Festival.

All my photographs from the event can be seen there:
            https://plus.google.com/photos/11319...96182300095745

Comment

Hey folk, might be an idea to get a list of emails and email peeps to notify of rides etc? (just a suggestion) as I don't always log on here or use it much lately as bit tired of the b.s.

Comment

Many forums have an option to subscribe to a thread and then receive notifications by email.
                Here we definitely have an option to subscribe, but I can't find an option or a setting to receive e-mail notifications...
                Can somebody teach me?
                If that is totally impossible on this forum - so yes, sending e-mails "manually" would be the only option..

Comment

So, weather forecast for next Sunday is much much better than for any other day of this week
                  I'd like to start a ride, again,
                  09:30 am
                  Gosnells market, cnr Fremantle rd & Albany hwy

and I'd like to meet other Red Circle riders over there!

As some people advised me, this ride will be shorter; Mundaring Weir Hotel(?)
                  We've really enjoyed that twisty road through eastern suburbs on previous ride.
                  However, feel free to come up with a route of your own dream!
                  As I am a newcomer, I do NOT know where most beautiful places are! so I badly need your help

Comment

Cheers Alex... I can't make this Sunday as planning a big pruning day for the verge side garden pick up! Apart from that I also need to determine if there's any one who could potentially shadow me for future rides (you should also check with the DVS whether you are eligible... I need all the practice I can get!). As you say, the weather forecast sounds good, so hope you get a few riders.. best wishes.

Comment

Yes Elly I will check that out!
                      As there will be Mothers Day, it's very probably I will ride by my own no worries at all, I like that as well

Comment

Very short report
                        As there were no other riders, I've decided to run a closed loop: started from Gosnells market and finished at Gosnells market too.
                        Visited some roads between Albany hwy and Brookton hwy (Churchman Brook and Canning reservoirs, Araluen park etc), then through Canning rd,
                        Welshpool rd East, Tonkin hwy back to Gosnells. Total nearly 57km.
                        Have a look at pictures:
                        https://plus.google.com/photos/11319...56763148021537

Comment

According to forecasts, we'll have showers/storms on Sunday.
                          So, this Sunday I will NOT start at 09:30 from Gosnells market
                          Hope next Sunday would be better....

Comment

I have to say a big SORRY to all who expected me to support Sunday Red Circle Rides last and next Sundays.
                            Really Sorry.
                            My company has to complete some works on remote sites, that's why I keep working far far away from the city.
                            You'd not believe me but

I haven't ride my Deauville during two weeks

that's unbelievable!

However there is a good news (at least for me):
                            there is a chance for me to return to Perth late Monday - so in that case I could attend the next - 36th - Red Circle Ride!

Comment

Next Sunday - 16th of June - all Riders are Welcome!
                              as usual,
                              09:30 am at Gosnells market.

Route:
                              I'd like to choose something not-so-long but spectacular. Let's repeat a small part of first ride: go to Mundaring Weir hotel, then back.

Will PM to all whose contacts I have.

Comment

Group Categories

Collapse

Red Circle Riders

About this Group

The Red Circle means the circle around the speed limit signs. Speed limit only rides.
                              For new riders wishing to meet other riders.
                              We are quite a active group, with activities such as ten pin bowling,karaoke,and quiz nights a great way to meet new people.
                              All our rides include dinner at some great resturants.
                              Type: Invite Only
                              Topics: 124
                              Comments: 671

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X