Southwest Riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Adjustment!

Does anyone need their suspension fined tuned??

I can say that I do. Wheresmybike has been talking to the PSB suspension master Mary moose and if we can get 6 or more bikes together he will come down to bunbury.

When?? Dont know haven't worked out a date yet.

Where?? My place in Treedale
    Don't waste your face!

Yep... if he is keen on rebuilding suspension my Bandit needs a once over. Some valving work on the front end would be most welcome if he is going to be in town long enough.

I've been meaning to contact him for a while, because I also have a 2001 RM 80 rear shock that needs rebuilding as it has let all the gas out and is now leaking oil.

Comment

if he can stiffen the softtail up i'm in
      the people's choice, yes the poeple made the right choice, thanks

Comment

In

Comment

In dependent on time.
          How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

Abe Lincoln

Comment

Any progress stubb or WMB? If i recall stubb, your working at the moment, so I'm hoping when you get back?
            I have another bloke keen too depending on date.

Comment

Still trying to round up 6 definate bikes and I will be at work till the 2nd of march I will get in contact with the moose man and try to get a date sorted. Stay tuned
              Don't waste your face!

Comment

Count me in Stubbs

Comment

Stub invited me here to have a look Reddog there is no way I could rebuild and valve a set of forks down their I just don't have the mobile set up sorry Guys I only charge $50 a bike to do a basic set up. It is really not worth it me coming down that way to do this. My time plus fuel will just defeat the purpose, its a hobby. I could do all the bikes at my place at once if you like that way you could all ride up here for the day together.Six bikes would take a while so we would need to plan it if you were keen.

Cheers
                  Marty

Comment

can u do a softtail , need more compression in it , adjust the first bump, its violent , it runs well otherwise, doesn't wallow, its lowered.
                    cheers
                    the people's choice, yes the poeple made the right choice, thanks

Comment

Marty, understood on the rebuild. What sort of timing would it take to do the work? as well as cost?

I'm pretty reasonable with mechanical things, but forks I have only rebuilt the fronts on the RM80 but I am not keen to do the forks on my road bike.

Comment

Work on a Harley you kidding right I've never even seen one it depends on the shock and what type it is. I'd be suprised if it is a quality unit more like a car shock using holes or slots rather than shims.

Reddog the forks are pretty similar the shock is easier. You just need a fridgie mate with nitrogen to charge it 150psi will do. The servicing of the shock itsself it pretty basic, bleeding is pretty easy too. Check out youtube I'm sure someone will have this covered.

Comment

Group Categories

Collapse

Southwest Riders

About this Group

For Southwest Riders to get together and enjoy what the SW has to offer and RIDE of course.
                        Type: Moderated
                        Topics: 96
                        Comments: 769

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X