The Brotherhood of the Beards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming

Has anyone got any advice on beard grooming?

Do you trim with anything - a razor, electric, trimmer? I'm trying to work out how to avoid getting too neckbeard-y and keep the general shape consistent.

Also any tips on stopping beard dandruff? Just a regular shampoo or a beard-specific product? I've been using a Nature's Own style anti-dandruff shampoo and it seems to work for a few days and then get really dry again, after giving it a quick comb to neaten it up I tend to end up with a slight snowfall on my chest.

Growing a full beard, i dont trim. When i did have designer stubble, i had a phillips beard trimmer.

Neck - depends on your face i guess. I start about 3cm in from my jawline to begin with, and let it creep down about 1cm every 2 weeks. Rest of the beard should cover it as it goes.

Dandruff - Jojoba oil. Sounds womanly, and it is. But rub a 5c piece worth in each morning and keeps things silky and hydrated. And have a shampoo with no sulfates (same for head hair). Otherwise everytime you stroke your glorious beard it will snow skin flakes.

Comment

I cut back to 0 on my neck with a pair of clippers, and use scissors to trim up the 'stache.
      '====
      //`
      -Magilla
      They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
      Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

I religiously use a Phillips electric trimmer for the beard, 0 on my neck and various lengths afterwards as my beard doesn't exactly grow consistently.

As for the dandruff effect, I borrow whatever girls moisturiser is on hand haha
        Originally posted by boeman
        Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
        Originally posted by Chuck Steak
        Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Group Categories

Collapse

The Brotherhood of the Beards

About this Group

For the men. With beards. Because men have beards.
        Type: Public
        Topics: 4
        Comments: 9

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X