The former HRCA crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2012 overnighter 9/10/11th

Right. November's 2.5 day was a great success (well I thought so) - no self catering just ride out Fri afternoon to get the distance out of the way, shack up down south in a hotel/resort, long circuit Sat and loooong wiggly way back Sun. I think it's worth repeating. If anyone knows of any decent accom in Nannup or Pemby let us know, we need something with access to food so we don't have to faff around with shopping trips. A support vehicle is a must, to be on the safe side we might want to take a two bike trailer this time. Purely for punctures and breakdowns because no-one's going to have any riding incidents, right?

School hols are 6th-25th April so we'll go before then, avoid the tourist traffic and associated busy roads.

Expressions of interest folks?
    Holder of

Team KL 2011. Round 3 - the biggest yet

Expressed.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

expressed, with a but...

i will be sitting my Architects Board registration exam on Tuesday 3rd April. so the weekend before that will def be out for me.

Comment

In but don't forget it's a long weekend on the 3-5th so we are up for 9-10 or 16-18. I would prefer 16-18th

Comment

I would like you to have my interest expressed

Comment

In.
            Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

I am happy to sleep next to the bike or in luxury accommodation and anything in between, will also share road kill. Dates mentioned are O.K. ATM. 16 March is now 10 weeks away. I didnt make the last one so am not sure how it was run but from memory there is one Hotel and at least one Motel in Pemberton. I suppose it depends on how far south we are aiming for.

Will we be staying at two different sites or base in one only?

Edit; The 16-18 has become an issue for moi without some very fast talking and grovelling. 3-5, 9-10 is still very doable.
              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Rightio. 9th/10th is 5 weeks away. First weekend of the month is out - long weekend. 17th/18th bloody ages away. By the straw pole here it's a 50/50 given either or could be an issue, so I'll set it at the former - see thread title change!

I'll harass Ghetto and we'll both look into the accomm options - shitty cheap hotels in the right place or something nicer in Doonabaroonaborough/Margie Riv. Note it doesn't really matter that much as we use as a base and ride out in loops. The 'getaway and get the distance out of the way' Fri late afternoon ride was a winning formula I think so we need somewhere we can get to in 3-4 hrs of daylight, full day Sat, very long twisty way back Sun.
                Holder of

Comment

Interested
                  http://www.aplaccounting.com.au

Comment

whats wrong with the bridgetown chalets? bridgetown to pemberton is only 70 clicks. ive got a 7' trailer that will hold 2 bikes if it has to and dont mind driving down.
                    Originally posted by Bendito
                    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Bridgetown chalets are fine and we love staying there, but it involves self catering and generally cleaning up after yourselves. With hotel accom you just stash your gear and sleep, eat out at a pub. It's time saving really that's all - less logistical messing around and to be frank comfier where you have hotel/apartment style accom. Anywho I'll trawl Wotif and see what's what.

Trailer a great idea (espesh a 2 bike, we had Mex's broken down last time leaving us with no capacity) so if you wanna brung that please do!

Note - 2.5 day so aim to finish work around lunchtime, meet around 1.30pm for a 2pm leave to get hawling down there.
                      Holder of

Comment

Will find it tough with a stocktake that weekend I'd say, damn public holiday getting in the way. Will see what I can work out.
                        We are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride.

Comment

Mkay chaps. In so far (correct me if you're not)

Chew
                          Gateaux
                          Spindle
                          Duff
                          Gozer
                          Sprint
                          Nickerz

Rooly rooly rooly want to be in and are stuggling for excuses not to be

Getagrip
                          Martin1

Exams schmexams. Cocaschmola. Do eeeeet.
                          Holder of

Comment

Found ya some boots Marty - nice fusion of yo riding gear and mo_sickle:

Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Balingup Hillview Retreat Accommodation

Comment

Group Categories

Collapse

The former HRCA crew

About this Group

Our group for former HRCA riders (not all Hondas!). We're keeping this invite only not to exclude others but maintain a manageable and predictable group of quality riders who we trust and enjoy riding with once a month.
                              Type: Invite Only
                              Topics: 95
                              Comments: 2027

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X