Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FHRC winter track day - not confirmed

UPDATE MEH. Sam's Birthday. I'm out

I'll keep an eye on the weather and any last minute places at other dates.

Sorry chaps.

Gents - putting this out there early. Now I'm (almost) fixed up I want to give the yammie another run at Barbs and see if the Pirelli road tyres run better than the Bridgies. 22nd April is sold out so I'm going to gamble on some winter dryness for RideDays (MCRCWA) Level 2, July 1st.

MCRC Ridedays - Course Options

Anyone else up for track time?
    Holder of

Team KL 2011. Round 3 - the biggest yet

what did the rim cost ya?

i will probably book into a track day sometime around june july, i prefer to go through trakdayz though i think they are more suited to a dilettante like me :p
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

I'm in. Can we book that fat ahead?
      sigpic

Comment

excuse typo please. :-)
        sigpic

Comment

I'd like to do some AHG (or whatever it's called) laps sometime to try to learn/practice a sportbike riding style...
          See if i can extract more from the bike and less from me.
          Or sommat.
          Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Barbs could be an option for me, thinking about it, but i feel the much tighter AHG (or whatever it's fkn called) track configuration would be a better proposition for what i intend.
            Anyhoo... as you were, men.
            Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

i like ahg the layout is kind of fun but you dont get out of 2nd gear on a litrebike. be good on a supermoto.

i thought it was a bit shithouse when there is a witches hat sitting on the ripple strip just late of a 180 degree corner's apex that smacks your brake lever at 50 degrees of lean angle on the first warm up lap of the godamned day because your line is tight against the ripple strip through the apex and some fucking 'mc riding instructor' doesnt anticipate someone to hang off over the ripple strips on a closed circuit wtf.. its not a race track they told me. fucking witches hats and tracks full of motherfucking noobs who need them. fuck those witches hat needing motherfuckers and their 2nd gear tarmac!

they even had the cheek to cry cos my rearset put a scratch in their tarmac.

Originally posted by Bendito
              If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

I simply want to re-train (my old school ways) into a more productive body posture whilst cornering on a modern sportbike.

Comment

I found RideDays better suited to training than Trakdayz Sprinty - that's why I've posted this day/date. Trakdayz is little more than 'hoon around the track and we'll watch ya' where as MCRC Ridedays are more oriented to the craft of race riding. AHG is too small, too tight, and I couldn't tell you about the quality of the instruction. Collie is a brilliant little track (from what I can see, not ridden it) and Ridedays are there too, but it's a whole other ball game getting your kit and caboodle down there, staying over etc. I'll do it later this year though to play with a different track.

I think you should go for this Mr Sprinty. Talk it through with the instructors and get one to one advice on your style, lines and speed.
                  Holder of

Comment

Love the video Dave! PS it cost $240 to get the rim fixed. No bad at all thanks to Ghetto Services Inc.
                    Holder of

Comment

I'd be keen. Personally I prefer Collie over any other track in WA. It is more of an all round experience and a bit more of a technical track.
                      We are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride.

Comment

Wow that video - did not see that coming! I can see why you were angry.

Nick - I really want to detach all the spiders and cobwebs from my track bike and get her up there. I'll speak to Nen but I'm pretty sure you can count us both in too. After riding in the wet at PI, I consider myself less of a wimp now so think I could even cope with a wet weather ride.

My bike looks so ugly and I'd love to pretty her up. I've failed terribly thus far. Anyone handy with fiberglass and spray cans? I can supply beer.

Comment

Dammit. Sam's Birthday meal July 1. Can't get out of that one

Will watch for last minute places at other rounds.
                          Holder of

Comment

Gozer: fuck that noise

Nick: +1 to much better coaching at Ridedays/racecraft. Once you get past the 'the track goes around this way and these are the corner numbers' point, Trakdayz is just about telling you off for overtaking. Racecraft coaching, on the other hand, has always made me better.

Haven't seen you at the track for aaaaaages. Will make sure to book in when you organise something. Also, Collie really is brilliant (though I prefer the right-handedness of Barbs). Well worth the trek.
                            Insert witty comment here

Comment

i would definitely be keen for another fhrc trackday. it has been waaaay too long since i got up to barbs.

i am out all of June (in the UK), but after that could be a a goer.

Comment

Group Categories

Collapse

The former HRCA crew

About this Group

Our group for former HRCA riders (not all Hondas!). We're keeping this invite only not to exclude others but maintain a manageable and predictable group of quality riders who we trust and enjoy riding with once a month.
                              Type: Invite Only
                              Topics: 95
                              Comments: 2027

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X