Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 - over to you guys

Gents and the occasional lady.

First up, a belated MERRY XMAS. Hope you had a good one. And a happy new year, hope you are celebrating it in style. Myself? I will have the entertaining company of a 4 year old so will be in bed by 10. Thems the breaks.

Which brings me to this wee thread. As you may have noticed, there ain't been much akshun in the last 6 months. I've had a helluva lot on - from my 40th in July it's been non-stop. Parents/friends visiting, moving house, getting married, going away and now changing jobs - I've been time poor trying to wrap it all up. The worst is over but now the biggie is on the way - bub due in March! So I have a heavily preggers wife, start my new gig mid Jan, and have only managed a couple of brief outings on the bike in the last 6 months.

Suffice to say, I don't want to let folks down. If I do grab a ride out (and trust me that's not stopping, not yet anywho), it's going to be a last minute opportunity. I can't commit to organising and posting rides on a regular basis. I'd love to see you guys return to the 'first Sunday each month' (or Sat) as a general rule so you know someone will be out and about somewhere. It would be sad to see this group die on it's arse altogether, as aside from the quality riders yer a good bunch of people. The rides I've been on outside this group confirm what we always say - too many clowns, unpreditables, egos and/or no-hopers. I'd rather ride with people I can trust and stick with, not dicks I want to avoid or sit for 10 mins waiting for each turn.

So, I'll leave it in your hands to stay in touch, post rides if and when you can, and maybe have a bit of a reunion drinkies when we're done with all this Xmas binging.

All the very best for 2013 - stay safe, stay riding and stay smart eh?

Cheers all!
    Holder of

Team KL 2011. Round 3 - the biggest yet

cheers mate!

and Happy New Year to all.

i am not going to commit to organisation (too unreliable myself!) of monthly rides, but i will certainly be trying to get out regularly and keep the riding going. i guess that i will just post up as/when i go out and if anyone fancies tagging along the more the merrier

i got bitten by the "track-day bug" over the last few months of 2012, and managed to get to the track 3 times in 3 months. had a blast and particularly loved not worrying about cops, gravel, and the occasional emu/eagle! i will certainly be trying to do more this year, so i will post up well in advance to hopefully get a few FHRCA track days happening...

Comment

Will try and get some more track action myself. I'd been hanging fire because of tyres - you simply can't use track tyres on the road or get the most out of the track with road tyres. The hybrids aren't all they cracked up to be - I've gone to Rosso Corsa II's and they're OK but nothing like the sticky sticky of Supercorsa's. I can't justify a second set of rims and I'd been determined NOT to go spending on race fairings and slicks, but we'll see how the year and finances pan out. I'll keep looking on eBay for both, see how we go
      Holder of

Comment

I can only speak for myself when i say that my road tyres do all i ask of them on the track (with plenty left in reserve!)!

i am certainly not at the point (yet) where the machinery is holding me back. for me it is still the space between my ears that provides the majority of the limitation.

But yes, i think if i do start to take this any more seriously then i will have to start looking at track fairings/rims/etc... maybe... $$$ :-(

Comment

Back on topic...I just posted a ride for this FRIDAY
          Holder of

Comment

..aaaaaaand another noob shows up for the ride with the top of the range fancy pants bike, rides all over the back of me when I'm pottering on the main roads trying to be good, then does warp factor 6 backwards as soon as we hit the twistes. We get to the pie stop and there's a rabbit in the headlights blank look on his white-as-a-ghost face. It's all quiet until 'fuck man you guys just took off...'

I think this group of riders still very much have their merit. Who would I rather be riding with?
            Holder of

Comment

I've been thinking of starting an invite only group because of the dicks that turn up to "spirited" rides. But then again we have this group. Agree that it needs more attention. I'm starting to learn the roads, but can't lead an organised ride without checking my gps every now and again. Really limiting who I ride with because recently broke collar bone trying to avoid someone who stopped mid corner to take photos... Pisses me off we share the roads with such imbeciles. Warp factor 6 backwards! Love it got to use this in my signature...btw congrats on the baby Nick
              Join RAM Motosport's Facebook page to follow our progress: https://www.facebook.com/pages/RAM-M...5324753?ref=hl

Raj Sarin #180; Bike: ZX6R; Class: SSPT; Titles: AMCC Clubmans Champion #1 (1000+cc) [NZ 2011], Taupo Three Hour Endurance Race #2 (NZ 2011), Paeroa BOTS street race #9 in Kings (NZ 2012). Tracks raced: Pukekohe, Hampton Downs, Manfield, Taupo, Barbagello (PB 60.3 on ZX6R), Collie (PB 47.4090 on ZX6R), Paeroa BOTS
              Sponsors: Motorlegal www.motorlegal.com.au United Oils

Comment

Nice. :-)
                I went our for my post double demerits 2013 shakedown run yesterday morning. Nice and cruisy just to get back into the groove. Ready to ride now!

Comment

I hear ya - we have so neglected our bikes. Still haven't cleaned them since the 4 dayer in November!!!!
                  Anyway good news is that our driveway in Toodyay is now bitumised so we can make our house a meet point for any runs out that way. And it means you guys can all start an hour ahead of us - so we will be on time

So bring on the cool weather because I intend to crank it up - and I'll let you know when we are up and at em.

Comment

^^ this. Like.
                    Holder of

Comment

Well I have gone from owning two and a half bikes down to half a bike in the space of three weeks.

The "tank" is a write off and will probably come back as a track bike or maybe a supercharged death machine from hell but more than likely just the good old Firestorm if I can get it at auction. This may take a few months however as it will need a new frame and relicencing. I have been looking at other bikes but cant go past it for the all round ability of fun fangin' and being able to cart the wife around in comfort when we go away. I am sick of seeing it lying on its side though .

I think I preferred sliding down the road with it as opposed to watching it get backed over. "Aint no way for no bike to die" (apologies to Mac, from Predator)

Sold my chookie today as I have been after a larger offroader (650ish) for a little while and this sequence of events has sparked me into action.

I am down to the SV650S, which I went halves with my son in. He is a bit reticent about me taking it on country runs with my recent record and also my love of riding machinery near its limits. I am determined to get it out for a decent run (and make it back in one piece) however and work pending will be watching the threads in anticipation.

Please no offers of lending a bike (looking at you Rabbit), I appreciate the offers but I am still suffering from seeing my own bike written off through no fault of mine and couldnt bear to see some else's in the same state while in my custody.

See you on the road
                      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Group Categories

Collapse

The former HRCA crew

About this Group

Our group for former HRCA riders (not all Hondas!). We're keeping this invite only not to exclude others but maintain a manageable and predictable group of quality riders who we trust and enjoy riding with once a month.
                      Type: Invite Only
                      Topics: 95
                      Comments: 2027

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X